About the Position
As a Software Engineer, you will develop and manage innovative technologies that are changing the Alternative Asset Management industry. You will design, build, deploy, test, and support functionality across a variety of stacks and platforms.
Through partnering with business stakeholders, you'll drive business value while also producing great code. Internal applications are built using a highly scalable microservice architecture that is deployed via containers to our cloud-hosted Kubernetes environments.
Key technologies in this framework include OpenAPI, Kafka, Terraform, Docker, AWS, .NET Core in C#, Python, Snowflake, and Tableau.
You will be expected to take ownership of projects and identify business design gaps with Blackstone business analysts. You’ll tackle a variety of problems from scaling out infrastructure to promoting business efficiency through automating contract creation.
You’ll devise elegant solutions to Blackstone's most important problems and put your own best ideas to work in an entrepreneurial environment inside one of the world's most successful companies.
- Drive the modernization of BXTI web application platforms, using cutting edge technology
- Support the web application stack for public websites as well as internal web applications
- Build, maintain and integrate web applications and web services and microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Build and automate deployments in coordination with Platform and DevOps engineers
- Use modern software development methodologies and tools like JIRA to manage and deliver projects
- Follow scalable architectural practices to build fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Leverage Kafka for messaging
- Write automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
- Develop software-defined infrastructure using terraform enterprise
- Design data models and persist data to MySQL and Snowflake Identify opportunities to automate away repetitive tasks
- Lead technical design and code reviews to drive projects towards the best results
- Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices
- Experience with at least one OOP language (C#, Java, Python, etc)
- Experience in working with a content management system for enterprise applications is a plus
- Experience in working with SQL databases (MySql, MS SQL, Postgres, etc)
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
- An ability to drive your projects from inception to completion
- Willingness to teach, coach, and mentor others
- An ability to produce high-quality code and solicit feedback
- Willingness to take a position and share views freely in a constructive and solution-based manner