About the Position
Blackstone’s Cloud Engineering group is responsible for providing a platform consisting of modern tooling, technologies, and processes that empower hundreds of developers to operate their workloads in the public cloud.
With the goal of creating a platform and technology that enables workload modernization, rapid application delivery, secure foundations, and ease of use across the firm, the cloud engineering teams have a significant impact on the continued success of the business.
The Technical Product Manager position involves working with engineering stakeholders across the firm to understand requirements, helping define and communicate the platform strategy and roadmap, and ensuring teams are focused on delivering the right core capabilities to meet the firm’s needs.
In addition, the role will require a candidate with a data-driven mindset and passion for delivering best-in-class foundational capabilities to meet a diverse set of needs.
- Interact with key stakeholders such as application development and security to understand and formalize requirements for the public cloud platform, from partnering w/ application teams on prototypes through to a consumable and scalable platform capability
- Help define the public cloud roadmap and evangelize the platform strategy across the firm
- Develop data-driven approaches for providing insight into usage of the public cloud platform and cloud engineering processes to identify areas of focus and improvement
- Work closely with cloud engineering technical leads to define internal requirements and capabilities that allow us to more efficiently operate and observe the platform
- Assist in identifying platform usage patterns and driving adoption of platform services and features
- Derive, evolve, and communicate the purpose, role, and contact surfaces of the cloud engineering group
- Help develop effective processes for evaluating the successful delivery of platform features and capabilities from the stakeholder perspective
- User-Focused – you dig deep to understand user needs. You have experience conducting thorough research to understand user motivations and workflow and can clearly communicate them using appropriate methods (ex: user flows, personas, etc.)
- Data-Driven – you use data to help drive decisions in areas like designs and prioritization
- Decisive – you can lead and manage projects with minimal oversight and make independent decisions, but know when to reach out when guidance or additional feedback is needed
- Detail Oriented – you have experience recording detailed requirements or design documents and are comfortable documenting end-to-end functional, technical, reporting, and data needs
- Strong Interpersonal and Collaborative Skills – you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You also know how to drive consensus among stakeholders, manage expectations, and keep strong relationships
- You have worked in agile environments and know how to break down key features into appropriate user stories
- You have experience working closely with Engineers through the software development lifecycle
- Possess familiarity with public cloud providers and related technologies